Want to build muscle mass and improve bone health? Include these best barbells in your workout routine to build strength.
A healthy life requires maintaining your physical as well as mental fitness. Apart from eating healthy and balanced meals, you also need to pay attention to fitness. Strength exercises and building endurance is an important part of one’s wellness journey. Going to a gym may not always be the most feasible option, but who says you can’t build muscles at home? One approach towards strength building can be adding the best barbells to your home gym equipment.
What is strength training?
Strength training is one of the most important parts of a fitness regime. It is especially designed to enhance muscular strength, endurance building and power. This exercise involves using resistance equipment such as barbells, kettlebells and more to target specific muscle groups and joints. Regular strength training can promote the development of muscle fibre, boost metabolism, improve bone health and stability.
6 best barbells for strength training
If you want to do strength training at home, try these best barbells in India and level up your workout routine:
1. LEEWAY OTIS Olympic Barbell Bar
If you are looking for barbells for home gym, try this one from LEEWAY. This 20kg bar is 2200mm long and it comes with 413mm loadable sleeve length and shaft diameter of 30mm. It is designed to withstand all types of strenuous workouts, from powerlifting to bodybuilding. The bar has standard knurling and marking, which provides easy and comfortable grip. The brand claims that this barbell can carry heavy loads and it comes with a guaranteed replacement for damage.
2. Flexnest Adjustable Barbell
The Flexnest Adjustable Barbell is made up of stainless steel. It features a contoured bar, rotating ends for smooth movement and multi-functional plates. The bar has a crocodile clip technology that helps slide the weights in and automatically lock them. It claims to be India’s first smart barbell with plates that double up as you weigh to curl, squat and dips. This bar can be used as a dumbbell, barbell and kettlebell. Undoubtedly, this multi-purpose barbell can help you improve your fitness.
Health Shots Recommends: 6 best kettlebells to add weight to your home workout
3. Cultsport Adjustable Barbell
The Cultsport Adjustable Barbell comes with a length of 130cms and a total weight of 20kgs. Its adjustable features makes it a multi-purpose home gym equipment, which can be used as a barbell, dumbbell, kettlebell or double grip medicine ball. This bar has three plates and features different comfortable grip choices. Additionally, this barbell ensures safety because of its cutting edge crocodile technology. It is especially designed to improve your overall workout experience by reducing clumsy weight adjustments.
4. Bullar Olympic Barbell
The Bullar Olympic Barbell is compact and convenient for gyms as well as home. This 7 feet and 50mm solid weight bar features a solid chromed steel bar with a loaded sleeve length of 14 inches. It holds the capacity to lift heavy loads, which helps you come out of your comfort zone and reach your potential. Its needle roller bearings at each end ensures smooth rotation. This bar can help you target specific muscle groups to build strength and mass.
5. USI Universal Curl Weight Barbell Rod
Looking for barbell curls for biceps or tricep exercises, try this one from USI Universal. It is made up of alloy steel and it has knurled grip design. This curled bar provides firm grip for better results and it is safe to use. The bar comes with a fixed weight which saves time for loading and unloading. This rod provides accurate weight and they are well-balanced, which prevents the risk of any possible injury.
6. Kore 26 mm Barbells
The Kore 26 mm Barbells come with two locks and clippers. It can weigh up to 14 kg and holds the capacity to accommodate weight plates with 26 mm centre holes. It is designed to provide a firm grip without being sharp and painful. This bar is perfect for workouts like squats, deadlifts, rows, cleans and bench presses. Its compact and convenient design makes it perfect for homes and gyms.
Benefits of barbells for strength building
- Barbells allow systematic increase in resistance, which allows you to gain strength and build muscle gradually.
- Strength training requires stability and core engagement. And these bars improve overall strength, coordination and improve fitness.
- They help engage multiple muscle groups simultaneously and promote a comprehensive strength building.
- Barbells promote functional strength, which helps you lift heavy loads in daily life.
- A few compound exercises like squats, deadlifts and bench presses can help build muscle mass in less time.
How to choose the best barbells
Consider the following points before buying barbells for your strength training:
- Firstly, identify your goals. Specify whether you want barbells for powerlifting, weightlifting or strength training.
- There are a wide variety of barbells, which are designed for specific purposes.
- Choose the one that aligns with your goals.
- Consider the material and coating of the rods as it impacts the performance and durability.
- Check the knurling and grip of the barbell because they affect the comfort during lifts.
- Check the weight and diameter of the bar and see if it fits your capacity.
- Opt for the barbell with smooth sleeve rotation because it ensures more controlled lift.
- Lastly, consider your budget as buying fitness equipment is a big investment.
(Disclaimer: At Health Shots, we make a constant effort to break the clutter for our readers. All products listed are carefully curated by the editorial team but use your discretion and an expert’s opinion before using them. Their price and availability may differ from the time of publication. If you buy something using these links in the story, we may earn a commission.)