If yoga is not performed in the proper manner, it can lead to stress injuries. To avoid this, try the best yoga blocks.
Yoga is the oldest practice that helps take a holistic step towards a physical, mental and spiritual transformative journey. In the hustles and challenges of life, it provides a sense of balance and harmony. Yoga encourages self-awareness and promotes overall health of your body, mind and spirit. But it can also impact negatively if not performed with care. Understanding proper yoga techniques is essential to avoid the occurrence of stress injuries. Overexertion, improper alignment during poses, excessive stress on the joints and ignoring your physical capacities can lead to severe injuries. One way to tackle these issues can be incorporating certain equipment such as yoga blocks in your workout regime. We have curated a list of the best yoga blocks to enrich your yoga experience.
What are yoga blocks?
Yoga bricks or yoga blocks are fitness tools that are made up of foams, cork and wood. They come in different shapes and sizes, which enable you to choose from a wide variety according to your needs. These lightweight yet sturdy tools provide extra support, balance, stability and help achieve proper alignment during the yoga practice. Including this tool in your workout routine can help you refine your postures, prevent injuries and deepen the stretches.
6 best yoga blocks for better balance
Here are some of the top yoga bricks to help improve stability and flexibility to your yoga practice.
1. WiseLife Cork Yoga Block
If you are looking for cork yoga blocks, try these brick sets from WiseLife. These high-density locks provide optimum balance and support. It is great for enhancing performance because it helps deepen the stretches and aligns your postures perfectly. It also claims to be 100 percent non-toxic, non-slippery, sweat resistant and eco-friendly. These made in India blocks are durable, lightweight and sturdy.
2. Strauss Wooden Yoga Bricks
Wooden yoga blocks ensure increased safety, stability and balance. If you also wish to avail these benefits, try the yoga bricks from Strauss. Made with high-quality and durable hardwood, these blocks support a wide range of yoga poses. It is lightweight, sturdy and easy to carry. The bevelled edges of the bricks provide comfort, support and enhance alignment. It claims to be the perfect yoga blocks for beginners as it makes difficult poses accessible to them and helps them hold the posture for a longer period of time.
3. AmazonBasics Foam Yoga Blocks
The AmazonBasics foam yoga blocks help promote better balance, proper alignment and depper poses. It is made with high-density and durable foam material, which ensures long-lasting performance and reliable support. These bricks feature slip-resistant surface and round edges to provide a steady grip and a secure hold. The yoga blocks are lightweight, modular and come with a warranty of one year.
4. Boldfit Yoga Blocks
The Boldfit Yoga Blocks are made with ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) material, which makes it durable and sturdy. It provides support, balance, flexibility and helps perform difficult poses with safety. Additionally, these bricks are perfect for all types of exercises and also provide better posture for meditation.It comes with a strap and ensures better grip without worrying about slips.
5. Gaiam Yoga Bricks
The Gaiam Yoga Block ensures hassle-free usage. It is made up with high-quality EVA foam, which ensures a better grip. These bricks feature a non-slip surface, which makes your yoga session safe. The yoga blocks come in four different colours and these are perfect for pilates and meditation as well.
6. The Yogis High Density Yoga Block
Formulated with EVA foam material, these yoga blocks from The Yogis come with a strap. It helps deepen the stretches and improves your postures. Its non-slip surface ensures safety while performing yoga. These bricks can help you perform a variety of exercises.
How to use yoga blocks?
- In order to avoid strain or lower back pain while performing standing poses like triangle pose or forward fold, place the blocks under your hands to bring the ground closer. It provides additional support and enhances proper alignment.
- During balancing poses, use the blocks to bring the floor closer, enhanced stability and balance.
- While performing seated stretches like ek pada rajakapotasana, place the yoga bricks under your hands or forehead to deepen the stretches and maintain alignment.
- Position the yoga blocks under your hands or upper back during heart-opening poses. It enhances the greatest chest and shoulders openings.
- Use the yoga blocks to support your head or for gaining heights during headstand or handstands. It will help you build strength and confidence.
- To maintain the proper alignment, position the blocks between thighs during chair pose or under the hands during plank pose.
Benefits of yoga blocks
1. Improves alignment: The bricks help improve proper alignment by providing stability and helping you to focus on correct form.
2. Increases flexibility: It can help you modify poses, which can enhance your flexibility without causing any injury.
3. Beginner-friendly: Yoga blocks provide extra support to the beginners and make their experience enriching. It makes difficult poses accessible.
4. Improves balance: These blocks enhance balance by allowing you to focus on stability and strength building.
5. Prevents injuries: It reduces strains by helping you avoid overstretching or forcing your body to perform uncomfortable poses.
(Disclaimer: At Health Shots, we make a constant effort to break the clutter for our readers. All products listed are carefully curated by the editorial team but use your discretion and an expert’s opinion before using them. Their price and availability may differ from the time of publication. If you buy something using these links in the story, we may earn a commission.)